Benefits of Membership: Why Should You Join PCACAC
Committee Chair: Eli Clarke, Director of College Counseling, Gonzaga College High School (DC)
Specific Members-only Benefits:
- Networking! Meet professionals who are as passionate about college admissions as you.
- Experience Professional Development Opportunities for personal and professional growth:
- Summer Institute, a two-day workshop designed for new and mid-career counselors.
- The Annual Spring Conference, a regional event held each April bringing several hundred professionals together counselors to discuss the most important issues affecting our profession.
- Drive-In Workshops, one-day, intensive college counseling ‘boot camp’ offers invigorating sessions led by experienced professionals.
- Learn from leaders in the field!
Outreach and Scholarship Programs
- Member Center: Conference handouts, The Anchor Archives, access to the Membership Directory, and an exclusive list of college fairs in our region
- The College Fair List is updated regularly
- Reduced prices for Conferences, workshops and the Summer Institute
- Free Posting of Job Opportunities (a $75 value)
Our members tell you why they joined…
- Marion Flagg Scholarship Program: provides scholarships to our annual Spring Conference for counselors who serve the underserved
- Ann Powell Mentoring Program: provides scholarships and mentoring for counselors who are new to the college counseling/admissions profession.
- Student Support Grant Program: provides financial support for counselors with innovative ideas to support students.
- "While I belong to a number of professional organizations, PCACAC is always at the top of my list each year for renewal. The professional development and networking opportunities are unparalleled and they continue to strengthen the bedrock foundation of my college counseling work." - Barbara Conner, Director of College Counseling, Foxcroft School, Middleburg, Virginia
- “PCACAC membership . . . Don't leave home without it! To be sure, membership in PCACAC brings with it a host of privileges and benefits, not the least of which are opportunities for professional development and for service to the profession. The reason I value membership most, however, is that it gives me the chance to maintain contact with longtime admission and counseling friends and to make new friends every /1/2013 time I attend a PCACAC gathering. Membership: $35. Value: priceless.- Cameron Seay, Seay Educational Consulting, Charlottesville, VA”
- “I have been involved in the Anne Powell Memorial Mentoring Program. It has allowed me to attend the Summer Institute and paired me with a mentor with whom I communicate regularly. Furthermore, the ability to interact with people from all aspects of the field has helped me learn about the multiple opportunities available to admissions counseling professionals.” – Alphonso Garrett, Jr., Admissions Counselor, Virginia Tech
- “PCACAC is the lifeline that keeps me afloat in the flood of questions, concerns and changing information I encounter daily. The relationships and collegiality developed between the college and high school professionals helps all of us as we work together to support student success.” Judy Hingle, Career Connections Specialist, Fairfax County Public Schools
We invite you to join PCACAC today.