Current Trends/Future Issues Committee
The Committee on Current Trends and Future Issues (CTFI) annually reviews trends in counseling, college admission and enrollment management. The Committee makes recommendations for programs and services that educate and inform members and other publics about professional issues and trends.
Chair: David "Butch" Hamilton, St. Marys Ryken High School (MD)
Members of the Committee:
- Theresa Bedoya, Maryland Institute College of Art (MD)
- Sheri Gross, St. Margaret's School (VA)
- Gardner Humphreys, George C. Marshall High School (VA)
- Melloney Johnson, Matoaca High School (VA)
- Lynn Kittel, Bullis School (MD)
- Rachel Loving, Maggie Walker Governor's School (VA)
- Ann Marie Strauss, Garrison Forest School (MD)
- Heidi Waibel, High Point University (NC)
- Dani Weatherford, DePauw University (IN)
- Kimberly Wilkins, Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School (MD)
Resources and Readings
Our committee will periodically post links to articles and resources related to college admission and/or guidance. Even if we don’t all agree with these articles, we hope they will be thought-provoking and spark a discussion among our members. Have an article you’d like to add? Email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2015 Articles
The College Application Process
Are college admissions applications outdated and inefficient?
Emerging Trends in Public University Admissions
Unfair Admissions Criteria?
The Future of Testing
Allegheny College Admissions To Go Test Optional Starting With Class Entering in Fall 2016
In College and Beyond
Here's What Will Truly Change Higher Education: Online Degrees That Are Seen As Official
The Challenge of the First-Generation Student
Archive of Previous CTFI Articles
NACAC Current Trends and Future Issues Committee
For more information on what the national committee is doing, click HERE.
We Want to Hear from You!
Have an issue? Seeing a trend? Let us know! Email email@example.com.